Fiona Noonan-Taylor has extensive experience in assessing and rehabilitating a range of shoulder injuries. Her MSc thesis in 2017, looked at the rehabilitation guidelines for Physiotherapists following a Superior Capsule Reconstruction (SCR) of the shoulder and she is part of the Irish Shoulder and Elbow Society of Ireland.
As well as rehabilitating patients following shoulder surgery, Fiona has developed exercise programs for the conservative management of shoulder pain and dysfunction. Patients attending for physiotherapy at West Limerick Physiotherapy Clinic, will have access to a specialised shoulder gym on the premises. Exercises can be easily demonstrated using the most up-to-date equipment and patients will have the opportunity to use this facility as part of their shoulder rehabilitation program.
Fiona is happy to take referrals for the following shoulder conditions:
- Rotator cuff injury and post-op rotator cuff rehabilitation.
- Assessment and treatment of traumatic and atraumatic shoulder dislocation.
- Rehabilitation following shoulder stabilisation surgery.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Postural shoulder pain or pain referred from the neck.
- Pain on shoulder movement, bursitis, impingement, or trouble sleeping on the shoulder.
- Superior capsule reconstruction (SCR)
Sub-acromial and gleno-humeral joint (shoulder joint) steroid injections can be given in certain cases.